You can view or change settings for Protected View in the Trust Center. These settings enable or disable Protected View. We advise speaking with the system administrator before you make changes to your Protected View settings.
- Click the File tab. The Microsoft Office Backstage view appears.
- In the Backstage view, under Help, click Options. The Options dialog box appears.
- Click Trust Center, and then Trust Center Settings.
- Click Protected View.
- Untick Enable Protected View for files originating from the Internet
- Untick Enable Protected View for files located in potentially unsafe locations
- Click OK
- Reopen Word/Excel.
The following image is an example of the Protected View area of the Trust Center.