If you can’t find an item in the Deleted Items folder, the next place to look is the Recoverable Items folder. This is a hidden folder, and it’s the place where items are moved to for 14 days when you do one of the following things:
- Delete an item from the Deleted Items folder.
- Empty the Deleted Items folder.
- Permanently delete an item by selecting it and pressing Shift+Delete.
Here’s how to recover items from the Recoverable Items folder:
- In Outlook, go to your email folder list, and then click Deleted Items.
- Make sure Home is selected, and then click Recover Deleted Items From Server.
- Select the item you want to recover, click Restore Selected Items, and then click OK.
Where do recovered items go? When you recover items from the Recoverable Items folder, they are moved to the Deleted Items folder. So after you recover an item, you can find it in your Deleted Items folder and then move it to another folder. If you recover a calendar appointment, contact, or task, it’s also moved to the Deleted Items folder. From there, you can move it back to your calendar, contact list, or tasks. To find recovered items, just search for them in the Deleted Items folder.